Who: A Top 100, nationally recognized insurer who exists to make people feel secure, appreciated and respected. They do this by providing personal and commercial insurance products and services, with the second-largest errors and omissions business in the United States. Selling their products through more than 2,200 independent insurance agents and employs over 1,200 people countrywide.
What: Director of Regional Underwriting – Atlanta, GA (Duluth)
Our client is seeking and experience underwriting professional to manage the Underwriting Department for their Southeast Region providing technical supervision and oversight, and quality control.
What you’ll be doing:
- Carry out responsibilities as to all personnel, making certain that the tasks of hiring, firing, administering salaries, reviewing performance, coaching/developing and training are properly handled.
- Evaluate changes in rates, coverages, rules, regulations, statutes, or any other external factors having possible impact on regional experience and using these evaluations, take proper action locally and make recommendations to the Home Office wherever appropriate.
- Monitor loss experience and take appropriate underwriting action to improve this experience.
- Working with the Manager of Services, evolve work flow procedures to ensure adequate service to the Company’s producers and to facilitate internal processing.
- Maintain effective liaison with the Marketing Department and with producers; oversee the planning of agency visits by all underwriting personnel.
- Wherever appropriate, prepare bulletins and letters to producers transmitting notices of changes in manual pages, rates, underwriting policies, and procedures, etc.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Four (4) year college degree or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years previous commercial underwriting leadership experience preferred.
- Completion of the IIA General Insurance series and the IIA Underwriting series preferred.
- Coursework towards a CPCU and/or CIC designation preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience communicating with brokers, reinsurers, including in-person visits.
- Internal contact extends to the executive level.
- Ability to travel required
If you think you have what it takes send your resume me at Gcollier.firstname.lastname@example.org