Who: Founded in 1988 our client provides car insurance, home insurance and business insurance in Massachusetts and Connecticut, as well as business insurance in New Hampshire and Rhode Island. Their goal has no strings attached and are on a mission to gently remind everyone to be on the lookout for opportunities to do something good for others and then pass it on. Who wouldn’t want to work for a great company with a passion for doing good in the world? Our client has $800m in written premium. $650M of that personal lines and write Personal Lines Auto and Home Owners in CT and MA and just happen to be the leading writer of AUTO and HO in those 2 states.
What: Director Personal Lines Underwriting – Boston, MA
The key words here are exceptional & dynamic. The Director will lead a large team of underwriters and underwriting tech’s to meet the broader goals of the personal lines organization and have complete oversight of and responsibility for the growth, profit, profile, retention and business written by the department. Lines of business include auto, home, dwelling fire and personal umbrella liability in MA and CT. This critical role will partner closely with the leadership team on the rate setting and strategic decisions of the organization.
This position will have 4 direct management reports with 26 indirect reports and seeking a management professional with agency relationships and bring 5+ years of management experience, managing at least supervisors.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree and intimate working knowledge of the Personal Lines Property and Casualty insurance industry including underwriting practices, pricing, product, and competitive analysis
- Demonstrated knowledge of Massachusetts P & C underwriting principles and relevant Massachusetts
- Statutory and regulatory environment is essential, including the MA residual market mechanism.
- Experience working with PL products in CT or other states
- In depth experience developing, leading and managing a highly qualified underwriting team.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with independent agents is critical
- Superior diplomacy, oral and written communication skills is a must.
If you think you have what it takes send your resume me at Gcollier.firstname.lastname@example.org