Who you’ll work with:
A Fortune 500 holding company for insurance, reinsurance, and financial investment operations around the world and that recognizes their employees are their greatest asset, enhancing their ability to deliver and achieve their business goals.
Why you’ll want to work here:
Our client holds the individual’s right to self-determination in the highest light and has a desire to provide an atmosphere in which their employees can reach their personal potential.
Our client is seeking a dynamic, professional to underwrite within the Inland Marine surplus lines niche. As an Senior Underwriter you will be responsible for building sustainable long-term relationships with customers in the Mid-West region for our Client. In addition you’ll also be working along-side and collaborating with underwriting management on individual accounts, current and proposed producers, and to make recommendations concerning operations, systems and procedures when appropriate.
- Reviewing, analyzing, accepting, and declining inland marine risks to ensure profitability for our client.
- Communicating with underwriting management on individual accounts, current and proposed producers, and to make recommendations concerning operations, systems and procedures when appropriate.
- Underwrite and select new business that will produce an underwriting profit.
- Review submissions and identify exposure and risk from information provided.
Underwrite renewal business review terms, conditions and pricing and handle related account servicing.
- Monitor producers for profitability and production.
- Monitor results of the overall book of business assigned; and recommend corrective action as necessary.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships within assigned region and product line management.
- Market products to producers by coordinating marketing plans with the Mid-Atlantic management team.
- Participate in audits and/or underwriting meetings as required.
Cross-sell opportunities with other divisions through the promotion of our clients products and services.
- Coordinate with other company platforms on common accounts.
- Travel 25% within the Mid-West region.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Minimum 5+ years of current experience underwriting profitable surplus lines inland marine business
- Bachelor’s degree and industry designations (proven, outstanding experience can be substituted for education)
- Proven outstanding reputation with wholesale and retail distribution;
Knowledge of pricing accounts using loss rating and actuarial modeling tools/techniques
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Proven excellent customer service skills
Demonstrated technical knowledge and skills reflective of progression of positions of increasing responsibility
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Superb MS Office and underwriting system skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Must be a team player that enjoys a flexible and spontaneous business environment.
Interested? Send your resume to me today by emailing it to Gcollier.PSS@gmail.com. Not you? Then please share this career opportunity today with your own talented network of professionals on LinkedIn or Facebook.