Who you’ll work with:
A Fortune 500 holding company for insurance, reinsurance, and financial investment operations around the world and that recognizes their employees are their greatest asset, enhancing their ability to deliver and achieve their business goals.
Why you’ll want to work here:
Our client holds the individual’s right to self-determination in the highest light and has a desire to provide an atmosphere in which their employees can reach their personal potential.
Our client is seeking a dynamic, professional to underwrite within the Inland Marine niche. As an Underwriter you will be responsible for building sustainable long-term relationships with customers in California, Hawaii and the Pacific Northwest. In addition you’ll also be working along-side and collaborating with underwriting management on individual accounts, current and proposed producers, and to make recommendations concerning operations, systems and procedures when appropriate.
- You will be renewing and selecting new business for a global insurance carrier that will focus on Inland Marine.
- Reviewing, analyzing, accepting, and declining inland marine risks to ensure profitability.
- Select new business and underwrite renewal business review terms, conditions and pricing and handle related account servicing.
- Implement corrective measures on accounts as needed.
- Monitor producers for profitability and production.
- Market products to producers by coordinating marketing plans with national product line team.
- Participate in audits and/or underwriting meetings as required.
- Cross-sell opportunities with other divisions through the promotion of our clients products and services.
- Travel within the Western Region to include California, Hawaii and the Pacific Northwest.
- Opportunity can include Ocean Marine responsibilities.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Minimum 2+ years of current experience underwriting profitable inland marine or related business (position title will depend upon experience)
- Bachelor’s degree and industry designations preferred or proven, outstanding experience can be substituted for education
- Proven outstanding reputation with wholesale and retail distribution
- Knowledge of pricing accounts using loss rating and actuarial modeling tools/techniques
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Proven excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and skills reflective of progression of positions of increasing responsibility
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Must be a team player that enjoys a flexible and spontaneous business environment
Interested? Send your resume to me today by email it to Gcollier.PSS@gmail.com